HOSPEEM is a European employer association for the hospital and healthcare sector. KT has been a member of HOSPEEM since 2009.
HOSPEEM was founded in 2005 to promote the interests of employers in the hospital and healthcare sector in matters pertaining to workforce and labour market relations.
It brings together European public sector healthcare employers for a collective representation of interests.
HOSPEEM members represent
- healthcare units controlled by central or regional government, and
- actors operating in the private sector.
HOSPEEM members that are employer organisations operating in the healthcare sector have powers to negotiate and take binding decisions with employees' organisations on pay and terms and conditions of the employment relationship.
The aim is to develop management and labour relations
HOSPEEM aims to
- contribute to the development of management and labour relations in hospitals and health care
- promote the dialogue with European trade unions in the healthcare sector
- improve employment procedures and safeguard appropriate terms and conditions of employment in the healthcare sector.
In 2006, HOSPEEM was officially recognised by the European Commission as a European Social Partner in the Hospital Sector Social Dialogue.